- What’s your role at Sn-ap?
I would call myself Thomas’s “co-founder”. But, having said that, the bright idea was his! I am acting as the Operations Director, but will become Chairman when we recruit a full time and experienced Operations Director from the coach/bus industry.
- What does that look like on a daily basis?
As acting Operations Director, meeting with our existing suppliers (or partners as I prefer to call them) at all levels including owners, MDs, supervisors and drivers – all of whom have a critical role to play.
Also, looking around for new partners to enable us to serve new geographic markets.
As Chairman, in addition to chairing Board meetings, I will be actively engaging with key stakeholders affecting all aspects of our current business and our growth areas.
- Have you always worked in travel/tech, or do you have a different background?
I have worked in transport – in three different continents – all my working life.
- What’s been your worst ever experience on public transport?
Taking my wife and children to Scotland and, having told them not to worry about the train times as I was a ‘professional’, then having to stand on Tamworth platform and watch the train pass through at 100mph as I had mis-read the timetable.
- What’s your favourite piece of tech (can be a device, an app, literally anything) and how has it made a difference to your life?
Given that I am a bit of a caffeine addict and nearly always on the move, I love my portable coffee mug/cafetière. It’s a technology I understand!
- What’s the best thing about working at Sn-ap?
The buzz which comes from contributing to a fun, high energy, committed, intelligent and innovative team, whilst at the same time, providing a really useful service to customers.
- Sn-ap is about on-demand travel, giving customers the power to decide where they go and when. What would be your ideal Sn-ap journey, and who with?
From my remote water mill on Dartmoor to anywhere on the south west coast. With my wife – of course.
- What’s the best snap decision you’ve ever made?
To fly to Singapore to be at my parents’ golden wedding anniversary.
- What’s been your funniest moment at Sn-ap?
The funniest moments are simply not repeatable! The least funny moments are, without doubt, listening to Marcus Standish’s absolutely awful puns!
- Since we’re moving round the corner to a pizza place… what’s your favourite kind of pizza?
My favourite pizza is “liver” – but only in the context of this sketch which is top notch humour: